With over 40 years of innovation in analytics, big data and more recently in cloud solutions, SAS is the Global leader for in analytics. It is our employees who continue to push the boundaries and with your help, we will continue to change and expand the world of analytics.
By joining the SAS Consulting team, you will be the face of SAS during the implementation and delivery of SAS Solutions to our customers. Engaged onsite, you can be with a customer for a day or for more than a year depending on the scale of technology they have signed up for. This is a hands-on technical role offering variety in both specialization and industry exposure.
- In this role, you will be reporting to the Consulting Director, who is based in Singapore.
- You will manages engagements with customers and is responsible for resulting services revenue. Leads sales and business development efforts for broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modelling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting and analytics advisory. Develops and maintains relationships with customers and software sales channel to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our customers.
- Responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers
- Manage ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned customers through continuous engagements enabling the customer
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Oversee project management and delivery of ongoing implementations with assigned customers
- Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics programs for customers
- Spends 50-60% of time in person onsite with customer stakeholders
- Coordinates resources for the sales and implementation of complex services agreements.
- Actively participates in services pre-sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Provides roadmap to customer of how to incorporate additional SAS solutions into their business.
- May use domain expertise during the pre-sales cycle as it relates to the customer business issues.
- Provides input into the design and documentation of internal processes.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in Consulting, services sales, and business development. Twelve years of experience in sales, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry. Experience in at least one vertical market preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn