Principal Technical Account Manager - Insurance
The Financial Services industry is ever evolving. SAS is perfectly positioned to help our Insurance customers solve their business challenges by creating Analytical and Business Intelligence Software solutions. SAS is the leader within Analytics and Business Intelligence Software and we helps customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW
SAS Institute is experiencing growth in the Nordic region and we are looking for a new Pre-sales Lead to join the Financial Services pre-sales team. You will be part of a truly Nordic team with colleagues from Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. You will also work together with experts from other countries in other regions. In general, you will be working in an environment with a high level of education, skills and experience, with colleagues that keep on developing and challenging themselves.
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our largest and most interesting companies in the Nordics in collaboration with competent and dedicated employees and partners. You are passionate about the Banking industry, and understands their business challenges ranging from digitalization, customer retention, acquisition, compliance issues to fraud challenges.
You have a technology understanding and know how to link business challenges to technology. You are eager to learn and can easily understand and articulate details of new technology and IT solutions. You are a team player, and will be working closely together with the Account Manager, the Engagement Manager and other pre-sales experts when selling new solutions and binding it together with their existing SAS environment. The customer must see you as a trusted advisor.
You provide technical assistance for software pre-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. You collaborate with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value. You prepare and present software demonstrations and drag in other pre-sales experts when needed.
Your primary Responsibilities:
- Works with Account Manager to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term SAS/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of SAS products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Utilizes current SAS strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in SAS System tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of industry or in-depth knowledge of a specific area of industry expertise.
- Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
- Experienced knowledge of SAS System tools or solutions.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Programming proficiency as required for product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate.
- Ability to meet deadlines even when working on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Excellent (English) writing, and communication skills
Master's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
To apply, upload your CV and application letter, both in English. Application date: as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn