Want to help our clients manage privacy and vast amounts of data?
SAS Institute is looking for an experienced Advisor to work with sales executives in all phases of the sales cycle to help our customers choose the right data management solutions. Would you like to be part of a team that helps companies manage the ever-growing amounts of data and to stay in compliance with ever-more complex legislation?
As an Advisor of the Nordic Technology Platform you will provide the necessary business, functional and technical knowledge of SAS' data management capabilities & offerings and help drive and maximize sales revenue by providing presales support for data management capabilities across the verticals the solution has applicability to – including banking, insurance, public and industry sector.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead key data management deliverables throughout customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre- and post sales activities
- Provide domain expertise and presales support for data management, MDM, and data governance with some current emphasis on GDPR
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations that articulate a solution capability
- Be responsible for sales tool development, including use cases, demos, and proof of concepts
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal resources, partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements
- Ensure alignment and integration with other domain areas when working on overlapping accounts to ensure maximum synergy and that SAS is positioned as an enterprise analytics vendor
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans, and assist in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote sales and marketing initiatives
- Work closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of our value propositions and that a consistent message is communicated to customers and partners
- Assist with providing market-driven information for future product direction using domain expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ technology experience and leadership (e.g. publish industry articles, blogs and white papers, speak at internal and external industry events, develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team, etc.)
- Identify trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats, and help coordinate response
- Build credibility and relationships as a trusted advisor to customers
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentorship to other SAS team members to advance their capabilities, including marketing, alliances, services, and sales resources.
Requirements: strong experience technology experience and ability to understand client needs
- 5-10 years of data management experience from presales, -support, sales engineering or consulting
- Strong verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers
- Experience with solutions related to BI/analytics/data integration/data warehousing
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics).
The role is based in SAS Institute’s Stockholm office.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn