SAS Institute is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Nordic Professional Services Division. Based from our Norwegian office in Oslo, you will be responsible for the oversight, project management and delivery of complex and high value SAS enterprise solutions for a variety of customers across the region. You will lead teams of consultants to deliver high quality, timely, profitable and valuable outcomes which are successful for both SAS and the customer.
When you join the SAS Institute Nordic Professional Services Division, you become part of a highly skilled and ambitious team of 200 experts within data science. In our cross-country specialist teams, we solve critical business analytics challenges and provide superior client services for the largest local and international companies and public organizations across Northern Europe and globally.
SAS Institute is the global leader in the business analytics market and consists of more than 14,000 skilled professionals worldwide. We service more than 80,000 of the largest companies and organizations in 148 countries across the globe, including 91 of the top 100 of the 2015 Fortune Global 500.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead your projects according to SAS Institutes own Project Management Methodology and other best practices such as PMI, SCRUM, PRINCE2. This especially requires strong skills within:
- Management of internal and external stakeholders through strong governance processes, appropriate expectation management, robust change management principles and implementation of clear communication plans.
- Own and manage either a single major or portfolio of differing projects across one or more accounts and industry sectors.
- Planning complex projects (agreeing realistic expectations of timeframes, costs, risks, resource requirements and deliverables with client)
- Defining statements of work and project charters, risk and mitigation assessments, plans/schedules, project resourcing and status reporting
- Taking full ownership of the success of projects, delivering solutions on time, within budget and profit and loss targets and in accordance with customers’ requirements for quality and functionality
- Ownership of the financial aspects of the projects, maintenance of the planned profit margin and ensuring billing revenue is accurately forecasted and processed
- A suitable governance process to support all of the above
- Support our sales organisation and engagement managers when engaging with customers in defining new deliveries.
- Take part of our development of our Nordic project management organisation.
We expect that you:
- Have extensive experience in implementing complex software solutions in different companies.
- Speak fluent English and Norwegian.
- Have great experience in methodologies such as PMI, SCRUM, PRINCE2 or other global Project Management methodologies.
- Gets motivated as project manager for both smaller projects as well as big and complex projects.
- Have great and proven people management skills.
- Will be able to run projects onsite in Denmark, Sweden and Finland beside your Norwegian projects.
In SAS Institute Nordic PSD, we give you freedom of initiative and provide steep learning curves for self-starting professionals. We encourage and support you to suggest innovative solutions that can benefit our clients as they become increasingly analytics-driven. We always strive for improvement but also remember to celebrate our breakthroughs together and with our clients. In all modesty, we tend to think that we are the best Professional Services Division in the world…join us and help make it even better!
Interested? Then apply here or reach out to Chris Dawson (email@example.com or +44 1628 490479) to find out more!
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn