Responsible for developing and managing the relationship between SAS and current or prospective customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target companies.
- Builds customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Develops and manages strong and effective working relationships with key decision makers, influencers, engineers and business development contacts at targeted System Integrators, especially those that span AE territories.
- Gains preference for SAS among top integrators, using program managers, capture leads, centers of excellence, and matrixed analytic groups.
- Assists AEs with proposal responses.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for business expansion, and develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts that further business development activity.
- Works with marketing, sales and R&D groups to translate business development strategy into specific initiatives.
- Develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling proposals that effectively differentiate SAS from our competitors.
- Analyzes industry trends and other market information to identify opportunities.
- As an experienced business leader, identifies and communicates areas for improved sales practices and processes.
- Proactively communicates domain knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS offerings.
- In consultation with Institute management, assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote Institute's sales and marketing initiatives.
- Initiates and coordinates business development projects and marketing activities with business partners as needed.
- Creates demand generation and customer or business partner relationship management programs from content design through implementation and results tracking to ensure that objectives are met.
- May prepare and deliver presentations to customers and/or business partners at the highest levels of management.
- Provides overall project management and coordination for customer and/or business partner specific initiatives. May direct internal Institute resources, including pre- sales and post-sales services, contracts, and/or partner relationships.
- Works closely with sales staff and sales management to ensure successful engagement of business partners in services to customers and/or other business activities. Serves as a resource for Sales and Marketing account teams in all aspects of territory management.
- Conducts follow-up with customers and/or business partners to track and uncover additional business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of new company product development and marketing strategies; relates technical concepts to SAS software applications and user needs.
- Works closely with Institute's sales and marketing staffs to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Works closely with Institute staff to leverage corporate events whenever possible.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or other relevant discipline.
- Typically requires five years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn