If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
How can you change the world? Join an organization that is the undisputed leader in analytics and is transforming the way the world looks at data. As the leader in business analytics software and services, with customers in 138 countries, SAS transforms data into insights that give fresh perspective on business. We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, better than anyone. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.
SAS Institute (Canada) Inc. is searching for an experienced Technical Consultant to join our Toronto Consulting team. The Technical Consultant is responsible for the delivery of Professional Services to SAS clients, including various SAS technologies and solutions within a wide variety of market and industries. The ideal candidate will have hands-on programming experience with practical knowledge and experience working with SAS technologies and/or similar type. Relevant experience with Data Integration/ETL, Data Management, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, open source programming languages, and other Analytics applications.
- Provides timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains including Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Contributes to detailed technical documentation as required, such as requirements, design, administration and user guides.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internal and/or with customers.
- Interfaces with Product Development, R&D and Technical Support as needed for support/input/assistance as required by the project.
- Builds trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFPs by crafting thorough and compelling answers.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of SAS products or similar applications and technologies.
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage deliverable scope with team and client.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as business requirements dictate.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related.
- 5 years+ of technical consulting and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Banking industry, Fraud Financial Crime and Risk and/or Retail business is a plus.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn