As a Financial Crimes Solutions Architect, you will provide business and high-level business support for software pre-sales and post-sales activities primarily with financial services clients. In addition, you will provide Business Consultancy expertise to implementation projects alongside a team of dedicated project members.
As an expert in payment fraud industry best practices, you will work with account executives to develop account plans as well as craft and deliver client presentations, key capability demonstrations and presales deliverables. You will lead client workshops, manage a pipeline, and support proposal development and contract negotiations.
For this the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Deliver senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits to meet clients’ needs
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s by crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Foster relationships with client personnel at project and stakeholder levels
- Explore alternative approaches to grow market revenue through new offerings, partnerships, or joint venture models
- Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with SAS Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Professional Services, Customer Support, and Product Management supporting Security Intelligence customers and solutions
- Drive and prioritize product feature enhancements to meet market expectations
- Utilize existing knowledge and continue to develop a strong detailed knowledge of fraud and financial crimes, including the continuing industry changes and developments
- Maintain and expand knowledge of current SAS solutions/products
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events
As a subject matter expert you will perform project tasks and take on Business Consultancy leadership roles during implementation and design. You will participate in developing business requirements with clients and industry partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through a role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Continuously adapt to financial crimes risks, business technologies, regulatory expectations, and emerging security risks
- Oversee key client projects to insure successful delivery of work product and client satisfaction
- Ability to relate technical concepts of system applications and user needs
- Propose suitable processes from initial design to delivery in line with the customer’s vision
- Maintain and grow relationships with key customer stakeholders and other key customer team members
You will also support the development of marketing collateral, internal sales training, and participate in activities that demonstrate SAS' experience and thought leadership within the industry (e.g. author publications, speak at industry events, participate in industry associations and standards groups).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in understanding and articulating concepts to users
- Strong technical, business facilitation and communication skills.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage the relationships of multiple accounts around the globe
- Skill in understanding and articulating user business requirements to technical staff
- Ability to influence and recommend business requirements to desired outcome
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping and documentation
- Public speaking experience
- Comfortable and familiar with payment processing and transactional fraud detection technology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require (avg. 50-75%)
- Experience with analytic and business approaches related to fraud detection
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated workload management and leadership skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of transactional fraud including Analytics; Rule writing/programming; Operational process and workflow)
- Operational experience with a range of products and channels in the Financial Industry
- Experience with at least one industry fraud detection solution
- Experience with security and authentication technologies in electronic and mobile payments
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Operational experience in financial crimes discipline at a retail, commercial, or investment bank
- 5 years of experience within the banking industry including one of the following:
- Leadership/management experience, or
- Consulting experience serving financial services clients, or
- Industry experience delivering business process re-engineering, change management or technology projects
- Pre-sales experience in fraud detection software industry
- Bachelor Level Education in the same field plus 2 additional years of experience of the stated essential experience
- Higher Level Education plus 4 additional years of experience of the stated essential experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the relevant country, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.