If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Purpose and Objective of Work:
- Presents a professional, welcoming first contact to all customers, visitors, staff, employment candidates, students, and sales people – by phone, in person, and email and directs them to appropriate locations and parties.
- Independently runs the office, reception and employee common areas, demonstrating, customer focus, initiative, accountability and a strong concern for order and quality.
- Projects corporate image of the company to external and internal clients in a professional manner, and acts as an information dissemination point.
- Owns the front office, ensuring that all aspects of the reception/front office are managed well, including but not limited to:
- Receives and responds to all customer enquiries.
- Responsible for ordering stationary supplies.
- Receives and processes mail, couriers and incoming and outgoing faxes to the appropriate party.
- Schedules boardroom, meeting room and projector bookings in Outlook for staff as required
- Ensures security procedures are managed and maintained.
- Checks meeting rooms and notes any issues accordingly.
- Manages the common staff areas, ensuring all areas are well maintained, stocked and issues addressed, including but not limited to:
- Maintains clean common areas at all times.
- Ensures regular stock is maintained, ordering additional supplies while needed.
- Sets high standards for all employees to adhere to, maintaining clean environment.
- Supports meetings within the office.
- Room booking, set up webex’s
- Meeting preparation, including IT, video-conference, catering.
- First line of support for Education customers, including, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of Education courses, time and curriculum, in order to respond to questions.
- Respond to questions through phone and in person.
- Prints diplomas, coordinates giveaways.
- Support book and education material purchases
- Ensure room setup and maintenance, providing support to Instructors.
- Provide backup for training coordinator.
- May fully assume responsibility for course registration, rostering, and training coordination.
- Manages catering requests, orders, and delivery.
- Supports miscellaneous IT issues
- Maintain records and logs for visitors, students, catering, Wi-Fi access, outgoing faxes, cell phone chargers and weekly customer visits.
- Helps in the composition of correspondence and may assist in translation of documents.
- Generate and track purchase requisitions; monthly reconciliation of purchasing card expenditures; process, verify, reconcile invoices; complete cheque and new supplier requests
- Responsible for daily communication with maintenance staff, property management, Toronto office services, submitting work orders online for maintenance requirements, e.g. boardroom, re-set, lighting, cleaning, temperature control and washroom maintenance.
- Proactively works with corporate services team to ensure the right backup is in place during vacation, extended leaves of absence.
- Provides secondary and backup support for the sales coordinator, including administrative support for Regional Sales Leader, including travel, expenses, meeting management.
- Coordinates/provides support for social committee and corporate social responsibility events.
- Ensures all procedures are up-to-date and well documented, ensuring strong handoff and coordination with backup support.
- Responsible for coordination of procedures related to workplace health & safety, fire etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years’ experience as an office manager and/or administrator
- Fluency in English and French required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive, helpful and can-do attitude
- Flexibility to adjust to changing work environment
- Ability to independently run the office, demonstrating accountability, initiative and a strong concern for order and quality
- Computer literate including basic spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, email, web research
- One year of clerical/typing and customer service experience
- Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience may be considered in place of the above requirements
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn