Provides consulting and implementation service including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site; assists sales teams with relevant activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains including Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Contributes to detailed technical documentation as required, such as requirements, design, administration and user guides.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internall and/or with customers.
- Acts as the project technical lead for complex engagements with multiple solutions.
- Provides estimation input for tasks in large projects.
- Reviews technical and design documents for quality and accuracy.
- Works proactively with others for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Builds trusted advisor relationships with internal/external customers.
To be successful in the role you will need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires minimum of eight years relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of SAS products, architecture, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Specialized in specific technical area such as security, data management, system integration, business intelligence and/or reporting
- Ability to understand, synthesize, utilize and integrate prevailing external technologies with SAS solutions
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Data is more than just facts and figures. It can tell a story – the past, the present and, potentially, the future of an organisation, an industry or even a nation. But without a good storyteller to bring it to life, data is like an unwritten book. It’s our job at SAS to be great storytellers. With our advanced analytics tools, we transform data into insights that tell the true story about an organisation. We help people understand what’s really working in their businesses, fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
For 40 years we’ve been giving our customers the power to know – and through constant innovation we’ve remained the leader in analytics software and services.
Yes SAS makes great software, but it’s our people who make the real difference. Our people look beyond facts and figures to deliver the insights our customers need. We want our people to truly love what they do – so we’ve worked hard to establish a culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and innovation. We’re proud to be recognised by the Great Place to Work® Institute where we are ranked No. 2 globally.
We value diversity in our workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. So if you are interested in joining us then we’d love to hear from you. Check out our careers page for more information about life at SAS and current role vacancies. And if you want to hear more about those great stories we keep talking about, our customer stories tell a powerful tale about how the use of SAS’ advanced analytics is transforming our customer’s worlds.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS will not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. Please do not submit any CVs or candidate profiles to the SAS Talent Acquisition team, nor to any SAS personnel. SAS will not pay for any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.