*This position is not opened to the external agency
Position : Communication Specialist (PR Specialist)
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing communication deliverables and activities in support of corporate and executive goals, employee and customer engagement and the company's marketing programs for software products and services, as directed by department head and/or group managers.
- Advises SAS leadership, divisions and global staff (as relevant) on how to meet specific objectives via appropriate communications tools and channels.
- Creates internal and external communications, including magazines, articles, news releases, brochures, product descriptions, announcements, ads, direct mail, newsletters, scripts, digital communications (video, audio, social media, web content, etc.) and other communication materials. Integrates both new and traditional media approaches to stay current with communication trends and target audiences. May also create or direct the creation of visual communications such as info graphics, photographs and videos.
- Develops and maintains relationships and engagement with relevant constituents, which may include external media, influencers, employees, partners, customers and community members in order to deliver and publish key company messages and engage in dialogue.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates specified communications and promotional projects (including and) in support of activities such as corporate/product positioning; product launches; competitive analysis; reference management, external and internal communications; media, investor, influencer, analyst and community relations.
- Develops long-range planning goals and metrics for meeting communications objectives. Tracks and reports on appropriate performance metrics for a variety of programs and channels.
- Creates communications that advance the company’s business objectives – including increasing brand awareness and employee engagement, supporting sales lead generation and increasing customer retention and loyalty.
- Publishes to, and works in, a number of content, communications or digital platforms including content management systems, blogging platforms, social media management platforms, etc.
- Stays abreast (at an in- depth level) of industry trends, developments, and current technologies and shares information with management and staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer/software industry and marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications strategy to achieve corporate goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in the specific types of writing and editing related to area of assignment. Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with social media communications channels; ability to integrate these channels into plans & strategies to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career- oriented, journey-level position.
Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field. Course work in feature and/or news writing, advertising, copywriting, or related field preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Depending on area of assignment, experience with the following:
- Writing copy in a corporate environment or in an independent business-to- business, high-tech, or consumer-product advertising agency
- Writing copy for marketing campaigns and brand promotions, including advertising (print and online), direct marketing or online channels
- News reporting or feature writing or editing in related media relations, a public relations agency or a corporate environment. Must present a portfolio of work at interview.
- Script writing and event coordination experience
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn