Responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts in Public Sector in the Middle East.
- Generate sales for software, solutions and services into current and prospective Public Sector customers.
- Work with other sales leaders to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfill wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Prospect within a territory to uncover business needs.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Plan and implements growth plans, including sales, consulting services and education services.
- Responsible for achievement of Total Software Revenue Target.
- Coordinate resources from sales and services staff for solution selling and promotes and reinforces Solutions Selling and Miller-Heiman concepts.
- Work in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Directs complex sales opportunities, including implementation plans, which include the coordination of internal and/or external professional services.
- Deliver timely and accurate sales forecasts to management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel. (Team Lead).
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./ peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
Requires a minimum of eight years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn