With over 40 years of innovation in analytics, big data and more recently in cloud solutions, SAS is the Global leader for in analytics. It is our employees who continue to push the boundaries and with your help, we will continue to change and expand the world of analytics.
By joining the SAS Solutions on Demand (SSOD) team, you will be focused purely on the cloud offerings covered by SAS. We have a flexible set up with open source technologies which enable SAS to work in line with any Cloud set up that the customer is interested in, including being able to run off a SAS hosted environment.
In this role, you will be reporting to the IT Manager, who is based in Beijing R&D office. You will be responsible to designs, analyses, evaluates, tests, and implements technologies in support of SAS’ core business units.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Perform daily administration activities for all HostOps servers including analyzing, installing, modifying operating systems, storage, applications, backups and account administration.
- Assists with the planning (implementation and ongoing usage/forecasting/trending), design, setup and troubleshooting of such items as operating systems, systems management software, security software, backup software, productivity applications.
- Assist with Incident On-call responsibilities. Willing to provide (24X7 on call support) whenever needed.
- Determines new technology's needs, including researching, evaluation and cost analysis.
- Utilize trouble ticket system (ServiceNow) to address and resolve customer concerns.
- Interface with other SAS groups and departments to enhance the environment or resolve pending issues.
- Maintaining knowledge of diverse infrastructure architecture, security policies and standards and consistently applying these practices.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, or performance problems.
- Automate tasks with medium complexity or multiple handoffs
- Develop step-by-step documentation for system support tasks.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- Typically requires at least three years of experience working with and maintaining computer systems.
- We are looking out for a person who has demonstrated competence in both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Windows client and server operating system administration, troubleshooting and support
- Virtual infrastructure troubleshooting and support.
- Knowledge of scripting/automation.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn