With over 40 years of innovation in analytics, big data and more recently in cloud solutions, SAS is the Global leader for in analytics. It is our employees who continue to push the boundaries and with your help, we will continue to change and expand the world of analytics.
By joining the SAS Consulting team, you will be the face of SAS during the implementation and delivery of SAS Solutions to our customers. Engaged onsite, you can be with a customer for a day or for more than a year depending on the scale of technology they have signed up for. This is a hands-on technical role offering variety in both specialization and industry exposure.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of project management: the direction, planning and budgeting, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects while ensuring consistency with SAS’ overall strategy, commitments, and goals
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track project progress.
- Leads and/- or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management.
- Communicates and tracks regularly on the status of project goals by ensuring project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource additions.
- Provides direction and support to project team to ensure accomplishment of agreed upon goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Assembles and coordinates project staff while managing resource availability and allocation.
- Reports on progress of project to all stakeholders by presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Successfully manages relationships with the client and all stakeholders. Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/ vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead project teams and gain consensus
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge and competence in related business functional area
- Strong accounting, math and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze solutions the project
- Ability to manage budgeting process and analyze budget performance
- Ability to design and support improvement processes
- Ability to perform well under pressure; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel as, as needed
The ideal candidate is/has:
- A full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- At least bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years + of experience in banking or finance industry
- 7 years + in the Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing domain.
- Working experiences in banking or telcom industry are required. Or working experiences in finance industry is also preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desirable or equivalent professional training preferred.
- Excellent skills in MS Project, and full MS Office Suite. Knowledge of analytics and Data Warehousing architecture and design.
IT Skill Required:
- 2-3 year + Unix experience is required.
- DBA knowledge is preferred.
- SAS technologies are preferred.
- Hadoop is preferred.
- IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, or Tomcat experience is preferred.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn