SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
The ANZ Technical Support team has an opening for an experienced, driven and technology savvy individual who is looking to make their mark in a developing business area at SAS.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in managing and growing a support business in a large customer market.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technical Support – ANZ, you will provide a team of highly capable Technical Specialists with your transformational leadership and will continue to grow the team as the business grows. In addition to managing the Technical support business practices, you will also provide strong leadership to the ANZ business, be the prime point of contact for the ANZ Technical Support business and work closely with the wider Asia Pacific Technical Support teams.
Experience & Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
· 10 years of experience in technical support of software systems, and projects and programming teams. Five years of direct customer experience. Five years of experience in a leadership role.
· Preferably an Australian Resident / Citizen.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to handle multiple, high-priority, high-impact projects concurrently and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to identify and implement changes in Technical Support policies and procedures.
· Ability to think strategically about the impact new software, company initiatives, and/or changes in the business climate will have on Technical Support.
· Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
· Ability to thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
With 2,500 employees in Asia Pacific and more than 14,000 worldwide, SAS has an extensive network of subject matter experts ready to apply their expertise to some of the world’s biggest challenges. The SAS Australian offices are located in; Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Perth. These offices are made up of approximately 200 employees and is the perfect place to be if you want a career in analytics. From a market standpoint, SAS has a dominating presence in over 83,000 customer sites, ranging from telecommunications, banking, retail, manufacturing, government and others.If you are interested in furthering your career in analytics, there’s no better place than SAS. In joining SAS Australia, you will have access to many benefits including superannuation matching (up to 3%), holiday and leave entitlements, discounts on health insurance, social activities and more. Additionally, you can get your hands on new SAS technologies with access to free online training and lifelong learning opportunities.
SAS helps organisations drive value from data. This includes detecting fraud, transforming customer experiences, and even finding cures for diseases. We give customers a 360-degree view of their business – from reporting on historical data, to real-time decisioning, through to forecasting future possibilities based on historical trends. We are also leading the way in the development of emerging technologies such as machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence.