SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By joining the SAS Technical Support team, you will engage with customers post implementation by supporting their SAS environments. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in supporting large mission critical software implementations operating in real time. You will provide support for an enterprise-class SAS business software solution by applying specialised domain knowledge of software usage, features, functions and interactions between data and solution components. Routinely leverages that knowledge to resolve SAS customer issues and influence software direction.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technical Support – Australia and New Zealand, you will be part of a team of 7 highly capable Technical Support Specialists, maintaining a key system for the Victorian government, dealing with the technical issues as they are reported. You will be expected to operate as part of the team in accordance with the support requirements of a 24x7 operation.
The Technical Support Engineer role will have the following responsibilities:
- Operate as the second level support specialist for the software deployed specifically for the customer.
- Provide analysis and support of enterprise multi-tiered suite of software and data sources, operating in a mission critical environment relied upon by a large number of end users.
- Provide information on documented problems, resolving technical issues and providing route cause analysis on the more complex issues handled to avoid a recurrence of the issue
- Proactively analyse the operating environment to ensure it is working at its peak potential and to avoid issues from occurring rather than correcting them after the event.
- Work as part of a rotation of support engineers operating on a 24x7 basis, supporting the environment onsite during business hours and remotely outside of normal business hours in an on-call capacity.
- Appropriately set and manage expectations, including escalation activities and communications, for both customer and internal stakeholders.
- Actively manage customer expectations in relation to support work taking place and planned work, under the guidance of the Technical Support Account Manager.
- Remain current on all software releases through formal training and self-training opportunities.
- Routinely facilitate the timely solution for complex technical and business problems in accordance with documented SLAs on responsiveness.
- Accurately document and specify information in the incident tracking system relied upon by other parts of the organisation to enable assistance and/or software patch creation.
- Understand how to accurately diagnose issues through the use of system logs, traces and applying problem solving methodologies.
- Routinely utilises knowledge of SAS platform architectures and knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third party products to troubleshoot diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field or industry domain.
- Five years of experience in the technical implementation of software systems or software development, and understand the requirements to support a mission critical software implementation. Two years of direct customer experience operating within the customer’s environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be involved in multiple, high-priority, high-impact issues or escalations concurrently and adapt to changing priorities and resource allocation
- Ability to accurately document findings and provide updates to all relevant stakeholders both internal and external
- General knowledge of the SAS products deployed and the data architecture and source systems being utilised
- Understand the business imperatives of the users of the software deployed in order to effectively prioritise the time spent without constant supervision and guidance
- Be aware of the scope of work surrounding the support engagement to know where to most effectively apply effort
- Define, create and maintain the required IP and artefacts to enable the ongoing support the implemented solutions at the nominated client.
- Be aware of upcoming software releases and ensure readiness to handle the new requirements contained within the new software being deployed.
- Must be an Australian Resident / Citizen as this role requires a Victorian Government security clearance
With 2,500 employees in Asia Pacific and more than 14,000 worldwide, SAS has an extensive network of subject matter experts ready to apply their expertise to some of the world’s biggest challenges. The SAS Australian offices are located in; Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Perth. These offices are made up of approximately 200 employees and is the perfect place to be if you want a career in analytics. From a market standpoint, SAS has a dominating presence in over 83,000 customer sites, ranging from telecommunications, banking, retail, manufacturing, government and others.If you are interested in furthering your career in analytics, there’s no better place than SAS. In joining SAS Australia, you will have access to many benefits including superannuation matching (up to 3%), holiday and leave entitlements, discounts on health insurance, social activities and more. Additionally, you can get your hands on new SAS technologies with access to free online training and lifelong learning opportunities.
SAS helps organisations drive value from data. This includes detecting fraud, transforming customer experiences, and even finding cures for diseases. We give customers a 360-degree view of their business – from reporting on historical data, to real-time decisioning, through to forecasting future possibilities based on historical trends. We are also leading the way in the development of emerging technologies such as machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn