SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®
In alignment with our Core Fraud and Financial Crime (F&FC) Strategy and our goal to dominate the F&FC market globally, we announced the formation of the Risk Management for Fraud and Financial Crime for Great China region.
The team is hiring an Analytical Consultant who services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective customers. Develops statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
- Provides statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitiate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as analytical lead for services that contain a statistical/analytical component.
- Participates in in-house corporate training sessions containing statistical sessions for SAS training courses.
- Meets with on-site consulting clients and prospective clients while providing leadership to analytical team.
- Assists in the estimation and development of the scopes for consulting projects.
The ideal candidate is/has:
Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics using the SAS system preferrably.
Typically requires a minimum of four years experience analyzing data and/or teaching, including at least one year using the SAS system. Relevant experience in an industry (specifically in BFSI, Telecom or Retail) preferred.
Ability to communicate with and instruct people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Ability to demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn