Technology Advisor (Pre-sales)
Technology today is everywhere and in almost everything, understanding that and being able to navigate, translate and stay ahead of concepts like AI, IoT, Blockchain, Opensource platforms and Cloud is a key focus of our team. Though not essential for this role, most of our team have an analytical or technical background and usually come from a specific industry focus, such as Capital Markets, Banking, Telco or Retail. This is a key advisory role that will work closely with the local SAS Sales & Sales Support industry teams to ensure SAS has an end to end approach to supporting enterprise analytics platforms as a core investment area for SAS globally.
SAS is looking for an Advisor to join our technology team and provide technical leadership and domain expertise in integrating SAS technologies and enterprise analytics platform solutions into our customers technology platforms. In this role you will be responsible for driving better outcomes for new and existing customers using SAS to improve their return on investment in our capabilities. The technology team is a CTO advisory group to our sales and sales support teams across all industries and provides trusted, advisory, subject matter expertise to all our customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
As Advisor, Technology Practice your Primary Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
• Helping set a consistent CTO vision for the UK&I sales and sales support industry teams.
• Experience driving opportunities and initiatives across existing and new client accounts.
• Help in the creation and prosecution of the opportunity pipeline.
• Proactively engage and build trusted relationships with customers, partners and sales teams.
• Utilize and leverage your domain expertise during sales engagements.
• Deliver standard, customized and /or strategic, senior level software demonstrations. Including presentations outlining how data / analytics is the backbone of the technology revolution.
• Ensure the competency of account teams to support sales opportunities with technology advice.
• Communicate knowledge to other non technical sales function to empower them to a comfortable position and support the various solutions.
• Design and produce local sales and marketing materials, training and competitive positioning.
• Technical thought leader / speaker at events and a meeting moderator / facilitator.
• Work closely with the local, regional and global SAS technology community to leverage leading practices.
• Work with the local Product Marketing Manager, co-ordinate and ensure execution and launch of new software products.
• Work closely with our Principal Advisors to absorb, learn from and then enable others.
Candidate Profile and Characteristics
• A flair for designing and architecting complex data driven analytics platforms.
• The ability to understand the architecture and inner workings of a data driven analytics platform.
• Some domain knowledge and subject matter expertise for software and analytics.
• Capable of developing a vision and then building relationships with new and existing clients to convince them of the practicality and authenticity of the proposition.
• Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
• Ability to support sales and sales support in the development and execution of sales close plans.
• Excellent problem solving, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• Some experience in sales, digital, marketing, business partner relationship development or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services).
• Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree. Preferably in Economics, Psychology, Chemistry / Biology / Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Combined Science, Computing Science etc.
• A creative / inquisitive mind, with the savi to strip / rebuild technology like PC's or Games Consoles etc.
• Exposure to coding in Python, C++, Java, SAS or other languages. (keen to learn alternative coding languages)
• Understands databases and SQL
• Has an opinion on AI (for or against)
• A willingness to proactively learn and master new technologies and subjects
• Can cover versatile subjects in discussions and meetings
• Ability to switch modes from technical or non-technical easily with the ability to communicate effectively.
• Have tried or even uses VR or AR applications and equipment like Oculus
• Competitive Base Salary
• Private Medical
• Life Assurance cover
• Flexible benefits scheme – provides the opportunity to a benefits package suitable to your needs
Should this opportunity interest you please apply we would love to hear from you.