We are hiring for a (Senior) Risk Consultant to join our team within our Professional Services & Delivery (PSD) organization Western Europe, your primary location will be The Netherlands. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented financial risk management professional to play a key role in our rapidly growing Financial Risk Management and services delivery business.
As a Senior Risk Consultant, you will advise the customer on how to optimize the use of the SAS RISK Solutions. You will take up a leading role and advise the customers on how to set up the processes and usage of the SAS Software and prepare the client-organization for the implementation phase. You help to set up a risk-minded culture, optimize liquidity and funds and meet all rules and laws. You will create a balance between short-term and long-term strategies. Next to this, you will work closely with our clients, Project Managers, colleagues from Consulting and Pre-Sales to realize an optimal customer satisfaction.
SAS Consultants work on appealing (international) projects with up-to-date subjects, which create a big impact and difference for our customers. We strive towards high customer satisfaction, which we achieve by adding value through or our Software.
The Consultant translates complex risk business and regulatory needs from customers and propose risk solutions consisting of SAS software and/or services. The consultant proactively advises the customer and uses his/her experience to secure an optimal usage of the software.
You will work in an international environment with a group of professionals that are passionate and eager to learn. The knowledge from consultants from different countries is available to optimize your own knowledge and results. SAS Netherlands has established a solid place in the top of ‘Best Place to Work’ organizations list. This position is based on teamwork, attention for personal development and excellent benefits.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a consultant in the RISK domain.
- A masters degree in mathematics, business administration or econometrics.
- You are familiar with the Banks & Insurance industry and have multiple years experience in (one of these) industries.
- You have a good general awareness of the full range of risks in financial services (both financial and nonfinancial) that make capable of understanding and analyzing their combined impact on an entire organization
- You are familiar with the regulatory and accounting rules that set the context of valuation and risk management
- You are up to date on the most important and current themes in the Banking & Insurance industries, such as BASEL III, SOLVENCY II, IFRS and specific on RISK Management areas such as Credit Risk, Credit Scoring, Market Risk en GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance).
- A finished RISK Management education for GARP Financial Risk Manager or PRMIA Professional Risk Manager Certification is an advantage.
- Next to your Business Intelligence and Reporting tools knowledge, you are experienced in specific RISK analyses, such as Monte Carlo simulations, Value at Risk calculations, RWA, Raroc calculations, ALLL and Stress Testing.
Your Skills & Competences
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills to all levels of an organization
- Experienced in SAS technology is an asset
- Available to work abroad on international projects
- Able to lead workshops, discover demands and wishes from clients and write a (functional) design/plan to present
- Flexible: multitasking, adapting to rapidly changing client contexts and managing time appropriately
- Result focused
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues
- Excellent language skills (Dutch and English – French is an asset)
Interested in this position?
Get ready toapply through our website. If you have any questions or seek for additional information, feel free to reach out to our Human Resources department: +31 35 6996 900. We are looking forward to your response!
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn