To meet the growing demand for SAS Analytics products and solutions, SAS Australia is looking for a Senior Strategic Account Executive to join our Melbourne office.
We have an enviable reputation for innovation and offer a distinctive environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance!
Responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts within Energy and Utilities space.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
To be successful in the role:
- Previous sales experience in a similar role with networks within Energy and Utilities industry.
- Proven sales track record in selling software solutions.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn