SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
SAS are looking for a Senior Solution Architect to join our professional services team. In this role one of your key responsibilities will be conceptualising and formalising high level designs for complex solutions utilizing both SAS and non-SAS technology options. You will also be involved in development activities, trialling new technologies to determine best fit within solutions, articulating best practice to customers for the implementation of SAS products, assisting with solution sales activities to maximize revenue and providing guidance and clarity for project implementation teams.
As the Solution Architect, you will work closely with project managers at the beginning of projects to help define and estimate tasks and where necessary you will work with a team of subject matter experts to achieve that goal. During project initiation you will be brought in to broaden the project vison and turn it into a reality for our clients. Having a solid customer focus, representing the SAS brand and exercising a consultative approach are a must! Your initial project will be a part of a large Government project and will require the successful applicant to undergo relevant security clearances and background checks.
By joining the SAS Consulting team, you will be the face of SAS during implementation and delivery. Spend anywhere from days to years onsite with customers depending on the scale of the project. This is a hands-on technical role offering variety in both specialization and industry exposure.
Reporting to the Consulting Manager, the Solutions Architect role will have the following responsibilities:
• Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and Pre-Sales Lead, and client accounts to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
• Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to the overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities
• Develops and documents end to end high level solution designs to solve complex business problems and be able to explain those designs in an effective manner to project implementation teams
• Works across the various SAS delivery teams to ensure the solutions are designed and built according to the high level solution designs
• Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS solution to increase SAS’s credibility
• Conducts discovery meetings to collect, analyse, clarify and document business requirements and to produce a detailed solution proposal and scope
• Working with Project Managers to produce approach/phasing, work effort estimates and resource plan
• Delivers customer focused, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs
• Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s crafting thorough and compelling answers
• Provides reliable delivery of project results through role as Solution Architect by communicating the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies internally and externally
• Become a SAS evangelist with detailed knowledge in a focused area of SAS with a higher level understanding of the broad range of SAS capabilities
• Investigate new product offerings with a view to incorporate them into solution designs
• Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered
• Works proactively with Domain Leads, Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solution Architects to strategize on opportunities, projects, cross-training and knowledge transfer
• Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain, solution or industry (proven track record of project delivery, and leading demand generation activities).
• Strong technical and business facilitation and communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the SAS platform, architecture and resources with the ability to quickly adapt to new techniques and capabilities
• Solid experience in software development lifecycles and delivery methodologies.
• Understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
• Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
• TOGAF certified
• In depth knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Telecommunications, Banking, Insurance, Government.
• Experience in a lead role as solution architect in complex projects using a variety of technologies and including Application and Data Integration / Data Warehouse
• Ability to work with and lead team members and Clients in the exchange of business and functional knowledge. (communication skills, leadership skills)
• Use of formal methods to guide and drive the development of solutions, management of work and production of deliverable’s. TOGAF® 9.1 Certification from the Open Group is desirable
• Ability to plan, monitor and review progress and take appropriate action to ensure all deliverable’s are completed in accordance with project technical and schedule goals. Experience with a formal Project Management methodology and reporting. Experience with Asset harvesting and reuse and the development of Intellectual Capital.
• Experience with large scale organisations and complex solutions where change and transformation impacts multiple systems and applications
• Strong understanding of Business Processes and Drivers for a specific industry or industries and ability to advise on Business improvement and Transformation strategies
• Experience in the development of Reference Architectures and Proof of Concept as well as the ability to conduct technology reviews, undertake a review of complex application portfolios and recommend a transformation strategy
• Information technology or related qualification, at a tertiary level, or ability to qualify as a member of the Australian Computer Society
• Very good analytical and problem solving skills
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present and communicate at all organisational levels including CEO and CIO
• Understanding of the demands of working in a high pressure environment
• Self motivated and proactive
With 2,500 employees in Asia Pacific and more than 14,000 worldwide, SAS has an extensive network of subject matter experts ready to apply their expertise to some of the world’s biggest challenges. The SAS Australian offices are located in; Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Perth. These offices are made up of approximately 200 employees and is the perfect place to be if you want a career in analytics. From a market standpoint, SAS has a dominating presence in over 83,000 customer sites, ranging from telecommunications, banking, retail, manufacturing, government and others.
SAS helps organisations drive value from data. This includes detecting fraud, transforming customer experiences, and even finding cures for diseases. We give customers a 360-degree view of their business – from reporting on historical data, to real-time decisioning, through to forecasting future possibilities based on historical trends. We are also leading the way in the development of emerging technologies such as machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence.
If you are interested in furthering your career in analytics, there’s no better place than SAS. In joining SAS Australia, you will have access to many benefits including superannuation matching (up to 3%), holiday and leave entitlements, discounts on health insurance, social activities and more. Additionally, you can get your hands on new SAS technologies with access to free online training and lifelong learning opportunities.