SAS currently has an opportunity for an Office and Facilities Support Manager to join our Sydney branch. As the new Office and Facilities Support Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the day to day direction, operation, maintenance and supervision functions for the office, building and grounds, as well as providing administrative support, coordination and management of activities for the department and office. You will be responsible for managing a small team, currently two support staff. As the Office and Facilities Support Manager, you will liaise with a wide range of people across the business including C-level executives and outside of the business including third party contractors and suppliers. You will be required to build and maintain positive relationships and communicate effectively. It will be important for you to document the administrative processes whilst being proactive in creating new ones. In addition to the management responsibilities, you will need to be “hands on” and assist with the day to day administrative responsibilities where required.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Services Manager ANZ, the Office and Facilities Support Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages general maintenance activities and resources in the Sydney Office
- Coordinates and monitors facilities service technicians to ensure timely, efficient and professional completion of assigned tasks.
- Establishes and documents office procedures; evaluates efficiency of office procedures and makes necessary changes.
- Develops and maintains routine and preventative maintenance plans and schedules for the buildings and facilities
- Assists with vendor contract negotiations and coordination for supplies, services and equipment for the department.
- Provides supervision and guidance to direct reports
- Coordinates and schedules requests for hardware, office moves, and office equipment, including office installs/repairs.
- Coordinates and performs activities that relate specifically to office assignment; examples may include seminars, training courses, documentation review, staff scheduling, or office moves.
- Composes and prepares original correspondence to managers within and outside the company
- Maintains and updates office files and informational databases; produces reports as needed.
- Provides operation backup for support staff
- Provides operational backup for the next higher level of management
- Proven experience in an office management role
- Prior experience managing a team
- Experience working with varied contractors, third party providers and maintenance technicians
- Strong knowledge of general facility operations and appropriate maintenance requirements
- Ability to negotiate with vendors for goods and services to support facility operations
- Strong communication skills
- Can do attitude and proactive approach to tasks
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage difficult situations and conversations in a diplomatic manner
- Building and maintaining effective relationships both within and external to the business
- Ability to adapt and be flexible where required whilst still working within company guidelines and adhering to procedure and policy
SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
If you are interested in joining SAS Australia, you will have access to many benefits including superannuation matching (up to 3%), holiday and leave entitlements, discounts on health insurance, social activities and more.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn