Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation's history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps-customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.”
SAS is looking to hire a Pre Sales Manager for it's Dublin EMEA Inside Sales office. The person will be responsible for directly managing a team of Pre Sales Engineers covering various European markets. The Engineers provide sales consultation to SAS customers on our product and solution portfolio in addition to technically supporting our Inside Sales Reps in closing deals. He/She will assist in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution & the establishment of best practices that drives SAS revenue.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution- messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensures adherence to sales plans and strategies.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyzes cost and effort of pre-sales support.
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Works with sales management to fully qualify and manage the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Creates with customer a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculates value for the customer
- Follows news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (campaigns, sales initiatives…)
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of hardware and software sales techniques and principles;
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one industry or market segment;
- Knowledge of corporate/government software and hardware acquisition cycles and buying influences preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently;
- Ability to travel when required.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
Please note all potential candidates must be legally eligible to work in Ireland & not require sponsorship at any time through out the process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn