SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By joining the SAS Pre Sales team, you will be on the front line with our customers, getting your hands on their data, creating proof of concepts, responding to RFPs and tenders and showcasing how SAS Solutions can help a customer to achieve solutions to their problems and create better business outcomes.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Pre Sales Operation, the Pre Sales, Systems Engineer role will have the following responsibilities:
- Possess strong Analytics domain knowledge.
- Provide strong technical domain knowledge necessary to drive Risk, Fraud, Analytics, Information Management or Customer Analytics.
- Build trusted relationships with account/sales team, such that they can leverage your technology, domain and industry expertise to increase credibility and advance the sales of software.
- Strategize with account/sales team on objectives for customer meetings and deliver a strategic engagement approach in order to position for a more effective enterprise sales approach. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
- Deliver standard, customized and/or strategic solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of SAS Solutions and Data Management offerings as they apply to client needs.
- Install SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Conduct technology and solution workshops and discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business & technical requirements during the sales cycle. Analyze all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into technical considerations for proposal.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Build awareness and adoption of SAS Data Management offerings by developing and delivering enablement for internal teams, as well as the partner eco-system.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry standards and trends, new technologies external to SAS, and other vendors’ products. Understand how these external technologies and products interface and/or compete with the SAS products and solutions.
- Conduct technology updates for customers, partners and internal teams.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience in emerging technologies such as Hadoop will be an added advantage.
- Prior knowledge, experience and appreciation of complete lifecycle of pre-sales tasks and activities will be considered as added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in solution architecting will be considered as added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in emerging solutions/technologies (e.g. Hadoop) will be considered as added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative field or industry domain.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in pre-sales, project delivery, technical consulting, and/or systems engineering in the data management/warehousing/system integration space for accounts across varied industries.
- Strong knowledge in either Risk, Fraud, Analytics, Information Management or Customer Analytics
- Strong knowledge in similar competing vendors’ solutions & offerings is preferred.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful and able to work effectively as a team.
- Possess good and sound knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS technologies, architecture and resources.
With 2,500 employees in Asia Pacific and more than 14,000 worldwide, SAS has an extensive network of subject matter experts ready to apply their expertise to some of the world’s biggest challenges. The SAS Australian offices are located in; Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Perth. These offices are made up of approximately 200 employees and is the perfect place to be if you want a career in analytics. From a market standpoint, SAS has a dominating presence in over 83,000 customer sites, ranging from telecommunications, banking, retail, manufacturing, government and others.
SAS helps organisations drive value from data. This includes detecting fraud, transforming customer experiences, and even finding cures for diseases. We give customers a 360-degree view of their business – from reporting on historical data, to real-time decisioning, through to forecasting future possibilities based on historical trends. We are also leading the way in the development of emerging technologies such as machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence.
If you are interested in furthering your career in analytics, there’s no better place than SAS. In joining SAS Australia, you will have access to many benefits including superannuation matching (up to 3%), holiday and leave entitlements, discounts on health insurance, social activities and more. Additionally, you can get your hands on new SAS technologies with access to free online training and lifelong learning opportunities.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn