If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Designs, develops and delivers standard and custom advanced analytical technical training courses. Prepares and delivers mentoring services for customers, partners, and/or employees to increase their knowledge of advanced analytics and the operation and features of the company’s analytical products and solutions.
- Delivers analytical courses, mentoring services, and workshops at SAS training centers, customer sites and/or via live web.
- Designs and develops analytical training products; conducts extensive research to identify new course topics related to advanced analytics methods and how to apply the methods to specific scientific or business applications.
- Assists other analytical training consultants in workshop sessions for training courses, including advanced courses.
- Serves as subject matter experts to sales and consulting for analytical concepts, methods, and applications.
- Provides feedback to Research and Development regarding software quality issues and recommends enhancements.
- Reviews and edits documentation for the Division and other divisions as needed.
- Works with customer and other functional areas within the company to develop and contribute to the development and preparation of training materials.
- Works on special projects, which may include internal and external advanced analytical consulting projects, independently or under the direction of a more senior analytical training consultant or a project leader.
- Acquires subject matter expertise necessary to relate advanced analytical methods to specific scientific and business applications
- Develops and teaches basic and some intermediate level statistical and other analytical courses
- Assists the manager with developing analytical training curriculum
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal communication and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with users with various technical backgrounds
- Ability to travel six to ten days per month with occasional weekend travel
- Broad knowledge of training methodologies, curriculum development, and training media
- Extensive knowledge of statistics using the SAS System or comparable analytical tool
- Broad knowledge of company’s products and application areas; proficient in the use of SAS analytical products
- Ability to write and edit technical material and relate analytical concepts and applications to analytical and non- analytical SAS users
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field.
- Four years’ experience analyzing data and/or teaching, including at least three years’ experience using SAS analytical products (includes but not limited to base SAS, SAS/STAT, JMP, Enterprise Miner, and Forecast Studio).
- Public speaking or classroom teaching experience using SAS software products or solutions for advanced analytical methods.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn