SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By assuming the role of the ASEAN Director for Pre-Sales Support, you will manage staff from across four countries consisting of personnel within the Pre-Sales Support Job Families. This role will be involved in activities ranging from the planning and management for the direction of Pre Sales across the ASEA region, to being involved at a high level in the interaction and sales consultation with customers on varied opportunities. Reporting to the ASEAN Vice President, you will also assist in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience in a technical pre-sales support and/or leading technical customer relationship activities, experience selling, supporting, or using applications with SAS, experience with at least two deployment architectures supported by SAS and prior experience in a leadership role with formal management responsibilities.
- Hires, develops and retains pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Depending upon role, directly manages day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determines utilization strategy of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assigns areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Facilitates prioritization of opportunity coverage with subject matter and industry domain experts
- Responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution- messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Supports prioritization of product solutions by market
- Provides overall leadership on initiatives; coordinates with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensures adherence to sales plans and strategies.
- Assists and identifies key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Makes decisions for team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyzes cost and effort of pre-sales support and provides visibility to senior management
- Supports and reinforces best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Supports development of strategies / approach for emerging product or industry solution
- Works with country leadership and subject matter experts to fully qualify and facilitate the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Creates with customer a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculates value for the customer
- Follows news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (campaigns, sales initiatives)
- Ensures pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administers all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Hires, mentors, and trains Industry Consultants, Product Domain Experts and Senior Solution Architects
- Identifies and develops training programs aligned with future business objectives
- Helps identify and communicate approaches to improve SAS offerings and internal processes to meet new requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree qualified, Bachelor level or above in a relevant field, preferably Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field. Knowledge of advanced selling methodologies and practices. Knowledge of company’s Marketing concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop a clear business direction;
- Ability to lead and motivate a regional team, develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to work with senior leadership on resolving resourcing challenges and differentiating roles and responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
- Extensive travel required within ASEAN
- Ability to identify emerging opportunity areas and establish an approach to maximize outcomes.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn