SAS Analytics is world leading. We are looking for world leading data scientist to support our sales.
Would you like to be part of a team that helps companies perform better by utilizing advanced analytics in their daily operations.
SAS Institute is looking for an experienced Pre-sales Data Scientist to work with sales executives in all phases of the sales cycle to help our customers choose the right analytical solutions from SAS.
As a pre-sales data scientist of the Nordic Technology Platform team you will gather the customer data and provide proof on concept work, run demos, explain and showcase the capabilities of the solutions and architect a tangible solution that will address the customer’s needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead pre-sales activities to deliver analytics throughout customer engagements
- Build credibility and relationships as a trusted advisor to customers
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations that articulate a solution capabilities
- Be responsible for sales tool development, including use cases, demos, and proof of concepts
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal resources, partners, key consultants and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements
- Ensure alignment and integration with other domain areas when working on overlapping accounts to ensure maximum synergy and that SAS is positioned as an enterprise analytics vendor
- Participate with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans
- Work closely with sales staff, sales management and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of our sales propositions and that a consistent message is communicated to customers and partners
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ technology experience and leadership (e.g. publish industry articles, blogs and white papers, speak at internal and external industry events, develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team, etc.)
- Identify trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats, and help coordinate response
- 5-10 years of experience from analytical presales, consulting or sales
- Hands-on experience and exposure to various analytics technics, methodologies and approaches
- An understanding of the value proposition of analytics
- Strong verbal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in business English
- Ability to work independently and to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities and internal and external customers
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics).
The role is based in SAS Institute’s Helsinki office.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you!
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn