SAS is looking to hire a Business Solutions Manager for their Risk solution portfolio. The incumbent will report to the Regional Leader Risk Practice West Europe and DACH region and focus on the Belux market. As such there will also be a close collaboration with the local sales and presales teams. The incumbent will be responsible to assists sales teams, pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. He or she influences sales through risk management expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles by enabling those who will be executing sales cycles or through supporting in-country business development efforts.
Builds trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage their risk management expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software. Ensures that proper expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations as appropriate to the sales situation.
Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in the area of Risk management in the banking and/or insurance industry. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
Contributes to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
Proactively drives customer retention efforts.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Industry Focus: Banking and Insurance
As an expert in Risk management solutions, the Business Solutions Manager understands the financial industry and the specific business processes within organizations which the company’s software, along with the company, can be deployed to support. A business/industry expert can articulate how the company’s software adds value to an organization or business process including the key value drivers, the expected returns or improvements and be able to back that up with demonstrated success stories.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert Industry knowledge at all times.
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully positions the company’s software appropriately in the business function, business process or industry area.
- Supports senior/executive management through the execution of sales workshops, or other means, to examine the pipeline and suggest appropriate activities to expand the pipeline (business expansion), move deals through the pipeline or improve the local ability to execute.
- Maintains a clear map of company software capabilities to customer needs and business processes as well as into a specific industry where applicable by analyzing industry trends and other market information to identify common opportunities
- Develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts including building customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Works closely with local, regional and international sales practices to align internal organizations around common goals and improve their ability to be effective and adopt repeatable business practices.
- Runs workgroups to share sales best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents.
Domain Focus: Risk Management
As a domain expert, the Business Solutions Manager possesses a strong knowledge of a set of the company’s software and how they, along with the company, should be positioned, demonstrated and utilized to demonstrate the highest levels of value of the customer and make SAS stand out in the market. A domain expert fully understands the architecture and inner workings of the SAS software portfolio they support.
Maintains the highest standards of expert domain and technology knowledge at all times
Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other technical sales/pre-sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position the company’s software appropriately in the domain area.
Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior-level software demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the company’s software as they apply to client needs.
Installs software and any required supporting 3rd party products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
Runs workgroups to share sales demonstration and positioning best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents.
Co-ordinates the internal launch of new software to technical sales/pre-sales staff either globally or in a specified region. For example, builds and delivers demos; builds and delivers “what’s new” customer-ready videos and slide decks; holds sales and technical exchanges and develops sales and technical FAQs as well as other launch collateral as appropriate in conjunction with other HQ departments.
Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of company offerings in assigned areas, how company’s software addresses specific business challenges, competitive information to identify how the company is differentiated, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Master degree in Business Economics. MBA is appreciated.
- Ideal background is seven to ten years of experience in a business-related role (risk oriented) in the financial sector or in a consultative presales oriented role in an organization with a clear international focus in the software sector towards financial institutions.
- Experience in the software industry. A plus is a background in business analytics solutions.
- Financial Sector knowledge
Know-how regarding the functioning of banks from within
Thorough knowledge and insights regarding the sector, tendencies, evolutions, best practices,...
Good understanding of risk management principles
- Successful experience in managing the combination of industry business knowledge & solution/content.
- In-depth knowledge of the IT market segment; must have worked in an environment where IT was a business driver..
- International experience, with proven collaboration skills in a multidisciplinary environment with cross-cultural teams.
- Fluent in English, French and/or Dutch.
- Innovation: drive the added value solution vision, roadmap and portfolio to optimize product/ solution creation and positioning for SAS. This will be accomplished in a changing landscape where there are dynamically changing requirements. He/she will drive fresh, innovative solution thinking by:
Focus on the ultimate solution throughout the product development lifecycle to be responsive to marketplace dynamics.
Establishing deep relationships with the EMEA center of excellence, country sales teams and other stakeholders.
Valuing analytical input to create well-rounded Industry Value Propositions that meet the needs of clients today, while laying a strong foundation for future requirements.
Think customer oriented without losing track of the feasibility, the commercial objectives and the profitability
- Collaboration and Communications Skills: Outstanding communication skills, someone who inspires confidence and can quickly capture the respect of other senior executives. A real team player with unquestionable personal and business integrity that will reflect favorably on the company both internally and externally. A charismatic individual who can really make a difference. A visible professional within SAS who will develop effective and trusting relationships with internal and external business partners by:
Developing effective communication internally and externally with customers,partners and other influential constituents.
Establishing strong working partnerships and utilizing influencing skills to help achieve objectives even where no direct reporting relationships exist.
Possessing strong verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrating the “executive presence” to (potential) clients.