SAS is the global leader in analytics, with more than 40 years of industry leading innovation and award winning culture. Our employees are the heart of our business. With your help, we’ll continue to evolve and lead the way into the next frontier of analytics.
By joining the SAS Consulting team, you will be the face of SAS during the implementation and delivery of SAS Solutions to our customers. Engaged onsite, you can be with a customer for a day or for more than a year depending on the scale of technology they have signed up for. This is a hands-on technical role offering variety in both specialization and industry exposure.
Participates and/or leads in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; participates in the design process; Relates technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and may oversee the technical progress of ongoing services projects. Focuses on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues. . Assists sales teams with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and serves as technical lead for pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value including POC/V definition and critical success factors for implementation.
- Analyzes all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with services delivery organizations, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical proposal.
- Provides input to services delivery organizations as they work to scope and define work effort, resource plan, and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts preliminary project requirements gathering.
- Delivers standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of SAS software as applied to client needs.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide guidance for technical aspects of proposed software and sets proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- May perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS technologies.
- May Install SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required.
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs by crafting thorough and complete answers.
- Strategizes with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Looks for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing additional SAS resources to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a proficient level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- May provide support for user group events and trade shows.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Participates and leads design process.
- Designs complex architectures
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires eight years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support.
- Demonstrated leader in architecture topics (may publish articles, leads demand generation activities, and may speak at technical tracks for conferences and events.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources.
- Should have advanced understanding of technology concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn