If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Provides the following services for all company computer and/or communication devices - installations, moves, troubleshooting and repair of cables, connections, patch panels, wireless systems and associated equipment.
- Performs installation, testing, and preventative maintenance of all forms of voice, data communications, multimedia and audio visual equipment; installs and modifies hardware/software products for systems as required, works on related troubleshooting.
- Performs physical cable plant additions and changes; installs and maintains Wi-Fi wireless equipment; performs client side, fixed line telephone configurations and installations; maintains communication rooms according to established standards.
- Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software of moderate complexity; compiles reports on system performance and/or usage.
- Serves as contact for user-reported problems; verifies, tracks, and resolves user and/or system problems.
- Develops and reviews control instructions and documentation. Provides training to employees as needed.
- Wires buildings and offices in support of voice, data communication, or multimedia equipment; provides advice for office infrastructure revamp; assists with documentation projects, as needed.
- Performs inventory audits and asset management system updates.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of network wiring and cable standards, Wi-Fi standards, basic understanding of network communication protocols, and/or working knowledge of current technologies in the area of PBX systems, networking, and audio visual equipment, Skype and WebEx
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with an operating system, such as Unix or Windows, and associated work processor
- Good intuitive thinking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Degree in Electronics, Data Communications, or related field preferred
- Typically requires one years of experience with a networked interactive environment in user support, customer support, or training required
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn