Reporting to the Sales Director, you will work with our Pre-Sales Consultants to build customer value and drive new business for SAS in the Govenment sector, and be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services.
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Engage with targeted Strategic Accounts (Customers) and Prospects to identify business opportunities and broken business processes, and position SAS’s unique ability to solve the problem.
- Build and defend SAS’s business value throughout the selling engagement. Navigate complex prospect environment to align the prospect around SAS solutions
- Build and maintain a pipeline of high quality opportunities
- Utilize SAS’s value-based selling methodology and Orion (internal SAS sales opportunity and pipeline management system) to manage sales processes and accurately forecast business
- Recruit and leverage partners and existing customers in your territory to build your SAS “franchise”
- Articulate to clients the business value of adopting a SAS solution, align pricing and negotiations towards enterprise-wide solutions and impact
Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong business development experience
- 8 – 10 years track record in software sales
- Experience selling SaaS and/or PaaS
- Experience in the selling software in the Government sector.
- Experience selling EPM, ERP or BI software solutions, either directly or indirectly
- Strong network in your territory
- Strong technical aptitude to learn SAS solution quickly
- Consultative selling skills
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn