[Position] Sr Global Strategic Account Manager
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
Our strategic customers are the leading businesses of the world and pioneers in their industry and comprise a large portion of our global revenue. SAS has set out to serve its strategic customer segment with an exclusive approach, that adds significant value to their current and future business with the (Global) Strategic Account Manager as the leader of the strategic customer relationship. It is the (G)SAMs job to be the best advocate of our strategic customers at SAS and the best advocate of SAS toward the customer. Their main objective is to drive long-term customer satisfaction, loyalty and maximize the SAS business. The strategic customer engagement at SAS goes beyond excellent sales capabilities and as such entails collaborative leadership to engage and align all relevant lines of business towards a client-centric approach. With their successful experience in planning and executing on a comprehensive joint SAS-customer strategy, (G)SAMs will be contributing to SAS’ strategic objective to add significant value to our customers businesses and grow SAS’ footprint as well as revenues in return. Typically reports to Sales Director or VP Sales.
- Develop and execute a multi-year rolling strategic account plan with extended Account Team that meets or exceeds customer objectives and SAS Software, Cloud and Services revenue goals.
- Establish and maintain a trusted-advisor, multi-level network within the customer, with a specific focus on Executive and C-Level.
- Regularly review and align strategy with customer and internally.
- Lead matrix sales team and assign individual quotas according to the strategic account plan in alignment with SAS Sales Leadership.
- Coach, engage and continuously align matrix sales team to deliver exceptional results, maximize revenue and performance.
- Take full accountability for projects and initiatives across all major lines of business, while leading the engagement of the extended SAS account team (sales support, post-sales, R&D, Hosting, Executive and C-Suite)
- Grow new services revenue by positioning our offerings in close collaboration with Consulting.
- Engage with Alliance Partners key to the account to maximize new revenue opportunity and elevate SAS´ strategic position in the account.
- Ensure execution of customized Marketing approach with Account Based Marketing Team.
- Manage high-risk escalation issues for the strategic customer at SAS and drive them to closure, balancing SAS and customer interests.
- Work closely with Customers Success, proactively supporting the successful usage of SAS and identifying new use cases.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industry experience – An influential and passionate player in their industry with the ability to identify and articulate trends, competition and market share both internally and with customer.
- Sales experience / Negotiation – advanced negotiation skills able to manage complex opportunities across borders to a “win-win” outcome.
- Consultancy skills - Demonstrates consultancy capabilities including problem solving and ability to navigate complex projects. Understands and embraces customer processes and works collaboratively.
- Business Acumen – strong commercial acumen – ability to think longer-term. Experience of difficult commercial and operational circumstances.
- Cultural awareness – understands and is sensitive to the differences in backgrounds, attitudes, beliefs, and values and able to modify / adapt approach to acknowledge the diversity in which customers are operating.
- EQ – Demonstrates emotional intelligence able to modify behavior to improve impact, build relationships, get the best out of people and engender respect. Makes others feel valued.
- Proactively recognizes (internal) conflict and takes steps to mediate to avoid any impact to the customer relationship.
- Team orientated – works well with others whilst taking the lead and directing outcomes. Experience of working in and navigating a complex multi-matrix international organisation. Experience of working in a virtual environment.
- Fluency in English (writing, reading, listening and speaking) is required.
Requires a minimum of 8 years sales experience with at least 2 years in managing strategic accounts.
It would be nice to have a minimum of 2 years management experience and 5 years leadership experience, but this is not necessary.
Diverse and Inclusive
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.